onsdag den 3. oktober 2012

Window diary- Mapping the intangible


Our next assignment was named ‘’ A windows diary- Mapping he intangible.

This second phase in research of windows, turned to the individual analysis focused on effects and experiential sensations in addition to spatial and material condition, environmental and atmospheric considerations.
We had to chose two keyword which should supplementary each other, from there were we told to unfold a chosen window from our home through mappings, connecting with the keywords.

I chose atmospheres and effects. Through registration I wanted to map how light effects through my windows during a whole day, would make the materials in my apartments walls, floor and ceiling warm, des more sunlight it would get. It was also a experiment to se which places in my apartment, it actually would be nice to stay in, and to se if my furnishing and dividing of my stay zones, somehow matched the temperature of the different materials.

I used my body as a thermometer, measuring the differently surfaces during the day, and every registration was followed by a little notations diagram, with the amount of sun in my apartment.
In the end I could conclude that part of my furnishing were wrong considered the actually temperature of the materials, which showed that for example my bed was placed next to a wall, who reached a higher temperature than the other walls. I like cold areas in my apartment and don’t like to sleep in heated rooms, that is why it is a little bit interesting that my bed is placed in a heated zone.

My entrance turned also out to become a dark and colder space than rest of my apartment; a space I think has a lot of possibilities, and would be very interesting to continue working with, during the next phases. The interaction between the heat zones in my apartment is very interesting, and a further investigation is on its place. 



Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar